Close Menu
Migrant Affairs
    Trending News

    EU Opens Contact with Taliban Over Migrant Returns

    October 20, 2025

    EU Strengthens Europol Role to Fight Migrant Smuggling and Trafficking

    September 26, 2025

    EU Border Policies Under Scrutiny After Deadly Migrant Shipwreck

    March 1, 2024

    EU Records Highest-Ever Number of Asylum Applications in 2023

    February 28, 2024

    Doctors Without Borders Condemn European Union Migration Policies

    February 24, 2024

    UK gets EU intelligence on human trafficking

    February 23, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Migrant Affairs
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • About
    • News
    • Features
    • Contact
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    Migrant Affairs
    Home » Spain Investigates 300 People After Anti-Migrant Riots in Torre Pacheco
    Spain

    Spain Investigates 300 People After Anti-Migrant Riots in Torre Pacheco

    July 28, 2025Updated:July 28, 20253 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link WhatsApp
    Spain anti-migrant riots Torre Pacheco
    Men face off with police during disorder in Torre Pacheco in Murcia, Spain, early on Sunday. Photograph: Olmo Blanco/Getty Images. Source: The Guardian.
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link WhatsApp

    Spanish authorities have launched an investigation into nearly 300 individuals believed to be involved in recent anti-migrant riots in the town of Torre Pacheco, located in the Murcia region. The violent unrest, which took place earlier in July, has raised serious concerns about the growing influence of far-right extremist groups in Spain.

    According to a police announcement made on July 24, about 300 people have been identified in connection with the riots. These clashes followed a violent attack on an elderly man, which was later used to fuel hateful rhetoric against migrants. Spanish officials confirmed that this incident played a key role in sparking the violence, which primarily targeted the town’s migrant community.

    Local prefect Mariola Guevara shared with reporters that if it is proven these individuals committed crimes or administrative violations, they will face fines or arrests. She warned that what happened in Torre Pacheco, a town with around 40,000 residents—30 percent of whom are of foreign origin—was not spontaneous, but part of a deliberate strategy by far-right groups.

    Guevara stated that extremist groups used the incident as an excuse to stir unrest and create division. “They wait for the slightest incident to light the flame and create these sorts of conflicts,” she said, adding that this tactic “did not end in Torre Pacheco,” hinting at a broader national threat.

    The violence intensified between July 11 and 13, with several arrests made during those days. Following the attack, social media was flooded with hate speech, including calls to “hunt down Moroccans.” Spanish media, citing the Observatory Against Racism and Xenophobia, reported that between July 6 and 12, more than 138,000 anti-migrant messages were shared online. Shockingly, only 22% of those posts were removed, showing how fast misinformation can spread.

    Authorities also revealed that the video believed to have triggered the riots was fake. According to Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska, the footage did not show the actual assault from July 9, and even the victim himself confirmed he was not the person in the video. The minister accused far-right political parties, particularly Vox, of spreading misleading information that connects irregular immigration with criminal acts.

    Grande-Marlaska said such claims are harmful and unfounded. He directly criticized Vox and leaders who echo similar narratives, saying they bear responsibility for the chaos. In response, Vox party leader Santiago Abascal denied all accusations, insisting his party had no role in the violence or misinformation.

    Spanish police are also pursuing the individuals behind the initial attack on the elderly man. There are currently three suspects—one alleged attacker and two accomplices. None of them are originally from Torre Pacheco, further complicating the case.

    As investigations continue, the Spanish government is also meeting with regional leaders to discuss the relocation of migrant minors and how to better manage tensions related to immigration. The situation in Torre Pacheco has become a stark warning about the dangerous impact of online hate and extremist manipulation in local communities.

    anti-migrant protests Spain far-right groups Spain Fernando Grande-Marlaska Immigration migrant migrant hate crimes migrants migration Spain migrant violence Torre Pacheco riots Vox party Spain
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Copy Link WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    The Truth About Migration and the UK Healthcare System

    February 19, 2026

    Spain Plans New Migrant Regularization That Could Affect 500000 People

    February 19, 2026

    Europe migration policy debate highlights stark divide between Greece and Spain

    February 18, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Top Posts

    Organizations Supporting Migrants and Refugees Worldwide

    Germany’s National Election 2025: Political Party Ideologies on Migration and Migrants

    The Impact of Social Media on Migrant Advocacy and Awareness

    Nigerian Couple Order to Repay German Government!

    Don't Miss

    Germany Joins EU Push to Set Up Migrant Return Hubs in Third Countries

    January 23, 20263 Mins ReadBy RACHAEL ADEEGBE

    Germany has joined a group of European Union countries working on a plan to create…

    Read More

    Germany Says 29 Percent of Students Have a Migration Background

    January 20, 2026

    Germany’s Merz to Discuss Syrian Migrant Returns in Talks With New Syrian Leader

    January 16, 2026

    Germany Asks Somali Migrant Honoured for Bravery to Leave the Country

    December 10, 2025

    Germany Tightens Migration Rules with More Deportations and Lower Benefits

    November 24, 2025

    Germany Offers Afghans Cash to Stay Away Under New Migration Policy

    November 5, 2025
    RSS News Around
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • WhatsApp
    RSS More News
    • Germany news: CDU party conference resumes in Stuttgart
    • Germany cuts funding for integration of refugees
    • 1916: The bloody battle of Verdun
    • Berlinale: African films brings messages of peace and tolerance
    • Germany: Unreliable childcare forces parents into part-time
    About Us

    A news and information site documenting and sharing relevant and helpful stories and resources for and about Migrants.

    Email Us: info@migrantaffairs.info

    Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp
    Top Stories

    The Truth About Migration and the UK Healthcare System

    February 19, 2026

    UK to Pay Migrants Compensation After Court Rules Phone Seizures Unlawful

    February 17, 2026

    NGOs Slam Italy Migration Bill Warning It Could Increase Deaths at Sea

    February 16, 2026
    RSS Business News
    • Trump tariffs struck down: What's his plan now?
    • Far-right push clouds Lagarde's ECB future — Why it matters
    • Will Franco‑German differences sink €100bn fighter jet plan?
    • India AI summit: Brazil's Lula lands, US giants tout plans
    • Why a German shipping deal alarms Israel's government
    RSS Expat Jobs
    Migrant Affairs
    • Home
    • About
    • News
    • Features
    • Contact
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    © 2026 Migrant Affairs

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.